I have discovered yet another use for books. When you sell one, you can use the money to pay a bill. With tuition, food, electricity, 2 kids at home, one in college, and the constant needs of home and car repairs, extra money would be nice.
Never fear, I collect, keep, and hoard books. But occasionally, I get extra copies of books or I receive books or I stumble upon really cheap books, and I end up with duplicates. And, there are a few titles that I don’t feel compelled to keep.
If you are interested in any of these books, contact me via email at Veritas@Cableone.net. Shipping costs will be based on what it actually cost me to ship. If you live in the area, you can come by Veritas Academy and pick the books up.
All prices are negotiable, well, maybe.
Books for Sale
- SOLD! Arndt, William F. & F. Wilbur Gingrich. A Greek English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature.
2. Battles, Ford Lewis. The Piety of John Calvin. Part of the P & R Publishing Calvin500 series. Paperback. Rectangle shape—8 ½ by 10 inches. Like new. List price: $19.99. My price: $6.00.
3. Bridges, Jerry. Transforming Grace: Living Confidently in God’s Unfailing Love. Hardback. Very good. Dustjacket somewhat faded. My price $5.
4. Carr, Simonetta. John Calvin. Reformation Heritage Books. This is a children’s book. Ages 7-10. New; in plastic wrap. Hard cover. List price: $15.45. My price: $6.
5. Greer, Peter and Chris Horst. Mission Drift: The Unspoken Crisis Facing Leaders, Charities, and Churches. Bethany House. Hardcover. New. Great book. I was very impressed with it. List price $19.99. I received 2 review copies of this book. Will sell one for postage plus a buck.
6. Harris, Joshua. Stop Dating the Church: Fall in Love with the Family of God. Multanomah. Hardback. Very good except for some underlining. List $12.99. My price $2. [I enjoyed this book.]
7. House, Ben. Punic Wars and Culture Wars: Christian Essays on History and Teaching. Covenant Media Foundation. Brand new copies. Will autograph and inscribe upon request. List price: $25. My price: $10. Bulk discounts available.
8. Keller, Timothy. Walking with God through Pain and Suffering. Dutton. Brand new. List $26.96. Price: $12.00.
9. Lawson, Stephen J. The Expository Genius of John Calvin. Reformation Trust Publishing. New; in plastic wrap. Hard cover. List price: $15. My price: $6.
10. SOLD! Lawson, Stephen J. The Unwavering Resolve of Jonathan Edwards.
11. Lewis, C. S. Mere Christianity. Zondervan. Paperback. Crease across front cover. Otherwise, very good. My price $2.
12. Lewis, C. S. Mere Christianity. Walker and Company. Paperback. Good. LARGE PRINT EDITION. List price: $13.95. My price $2.
13. MacArthur, John. Slave. Hardback. New. Great book on the doctrines of grace. 2 copies available. My price $5.
14. Moore, T. M. Consider the Lilies: A Plea for Creational Theology. P & R Publishing. Paperback. New. List price $16.99. My price: $2.
15. Parker, Hudson. The President: A Novel. Multnomah. Hardback with dustjacket in Mylar. Ex-library. Very good condition. What if a liberal President was converted while in office? That is the story of this riveting novel. My price: $4.
16. Reisinger, Ernest. Today’s Evangelism: Its Message and Methods. Craig Press. New. $10.99. My price: $2.
17. Robertson, O. Palmer. The Christ of the Covenants. P & R Publishing. Paperback. New. List $14.99. My price $7.
18. SOLD! Swanson, Mary-Elaine. John Locke: Philosopher of American Liberty.
19. Wilson, Douglas. Father Hunger. Thomas Nelson. Like new. List price: $15.99. My price: $3.
20. Buckley, William F. The Reagan I Knew. Basic Books. Hardback. Like new, except for a badly bumped spine. List price $25. My price $4.
21. SOLD! Gibbon, Edward. The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.
22. Graham, L. B. Binding of the Blade series, volumes 1-3. Shadows in the Deep, Bringer of Storms, & Beyond the Summerland. Paperback. New. $16.99 per volume. Price for the set: $12.
23. Hicks, Robert. A Separate Country. Hardcover. Good. List price $25,99. My price $4. [Realistic Civil War fiction by a Tennessee author. I read and enjoyed the previous volume titled Widow of the South.]
24. Kingsley, Florence Morse. Stephen–Soldier of the Cross. Grosset and Dunlap, 1896. Hardcover. Good condition for a really old book. Former church library book. Price on ABE Books $12.50 plus postage. My price $2.
25. Motley, J. L. The Rise of the Dutch Republic. Volumes 1 and 3 of a 3 volume set. 1913 J. M. Dent edition. Volume 2 is available via ABE Books. Volume 1 in good shape. The spine on volume 3 is broken at the bottom. Good condition for old books. Price: $4.
26. SOLD! Hall, Leonard. Stars Upstream: Life Along an Ozark River.
27. Parkman, Francis. Parkman’s Works. Little, Brown, and Company. 1896. 6 Beautiful old volumes of Parkman’s works. Not a complete set. $26.
(Anyone interested in the 17 volume Frontenac edition of Parkman’s Works, I would be willing to sell to for $150. Great old set of books.
28. Williams III, Edward F. Great American Civil War Trivia. Small paperback. Premium Press. Like new. List $6.95. My price: $1.
34. The Annals of America. 20 volumes, I think. Great collection of documents, speeches, and primary sources in hardbound volumes. $55.
35. Pictorial Bible Dictionary, edited by Merrill C. Tenney. Hardbound volume. Good condition. $2 plus postage.